Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP) & Families and Children (FAC) Program
Allegany County Health Department Medical Assistance Unit
Health care coverage for income-qualifying children, pregnant women, and adults under under age 65.
- Enrollment in Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- Medical Assistance Information
- Help finding in-network doctors and enrolling in Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- Help with enrollment in Maryland Health Connection
How do I apply?
- In person: Visit the Allegany County Health Department (normal walk-in hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and hours are extended during open enrollment to 4:00 p.m.).
- Online: Maryland Health Connection
To enroll in Health Insurance, you will need to bring...
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants needing insurance)
- Birthdates and general information about every family member applying for health coverage
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family (i.e. paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance information about any job-related health insurance available to your family.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.